Please Help..... No hot water with central Heating on..... And no 2/3 port zone valves anywhere??

your system is already fully pumped (in a roundabout way) the pump is on the return in this case.
what you have is a KOVM valve.
i've not seen many at all, and the one's i have seen i've removed and replaced with motorised valves. which you would be best to do in this case i think.
you might be able to fit the pump and valves down by the boiler if you can get a pipe from the loft down to that location.

someone should be able to tell you exactly how those KOVM valves work,

thanks gasmanstu..... i take it with the current set up there is no way to have hot water without having the heating on? can i swap this straight out for a motorized valve in its location, and run a cable back to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
no,
you'll need to trace where those pipes go, and reconfigure the pipework to suit, it's more involved than just swapping the valve in this case.

i'm not entirely sure on how those valves work, but i would think you can have the hot water on on its own, or maybe it's plumbed in that you have to turn all the rads off. without having a real good look at it, it's difficult to give you a definitive answer i'm afraid.

The valve at your cylinder is commonly called a ravi stat only because that is the name of the company that made it, it works by the capillary probe that is attached to your cylinder contains a liquid that expands when hot and closes the Ravi valve when your HW cylinder is up to temperature,with your current configuration the only way you will get HW without CH is to manually close all the TRVs on all the radiators, very very inefficient and would definately be worth getting the controls upgraded and as previously advised your system is already fully pumped and not gravity

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back