Please Help. Toyota Corolla 1.3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new timing belt fitted to my car (1994 Toyota Corolla 1.3 xli) i also had a fan belt fitted and an oil and filter chage. The car feels different, it seems slower. I have to give it more throttle than i used to and it is sluggish on hills. Is this normal after having a timing belt changed or is it something else. It has only happened since the servicing.

Sponsored Links
I recently had a new timing belt fitted to my car (1994 Toyota Corolla 1.3 xli) i also had a fan belt fitted and an oil and filter chage. The car feels different, it seems slower. I have to give it more throttle than i used to and it is sluggish on hills. Is this normal after having a timing belt changed or is it something else. It has only happened since the servicing.

Something not quite right, the car should not feel any different, take it back and ask them to recheck their work.
I would suspect the timing is out slightly, one notch on the toothed timing belt can make a considerable difference.

Wotan

Completely agree, take it back and tell em to sort it!
May be able to get away with just adjusting the ignition timing

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, you were right, I had the timing checked and it was out by 10 degrees. Car is way more responsive.

Back