Toyota Corolla - Non starter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Girlfriend went out to her car last night as we were off out to a resturant to meet friends, my turn to drink her turn to drive :D well that was the plan.

Anyway went to start it, and it just turned over, sounded slightly odd though when turning over. Thought the starter had messed up, not disengaged. Lifted bonnet and tried again and the engine was turning over so ruled out starter.

It made no attempt to start, so thinking a plug is faulty has been ruled out. By this time had to go in my car as time was ticking by. (no drink for me, very conveinent :rolleyes: )

Going to have a fiddle with it this morning, thinking it could be a fueling issue, going to check that out.

Has anybody else had a similar problem with a Corolla? Its a 2000 model 1.4 ZZ engine. Stupid thing is used to work at Toyota Engine plant on ZZ engines, you would think I would know what was wrong :LOL:

Oh well, another Sunday covered in oil :(

Thanks

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmm,

Checked obvious stuff such as air filter etc, tried to start and nothing, as cranking it put foot flat on accerator and just managed to catch it, lot of zorst smoke and hey presto alls well!

So I think a major service is in order! Just so happens im off this week so mrs has my beast :eek: wether or not she can handle the power is another story :LOL:

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Back