Please Help with my cold tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope you can help, A long time ago now my Cold tap started dripping, I took off the tap head and I couldn't see anything wrong with the tap, (even tho I have no clue about taps :oops:)
I replaced the head with a new one and all was OK, then one day the tap stopped working again, by this I mean the head of the tap isn't gripping on, When I turn it there is no friction therefore we cannot turn the tap on, I tried a new head but this time the tap still wouldn't work, Under the tap head cap there is a screw that once unscrewed allows you to remove the tap head, Under that there is a plastic type tube thing and under that is a metal piece that screws on over the top of the tap by 3 little teeny coil type screws....I know this is probably making no sense, but I hope you maybe able to help?
I wondered if a washer perhaps went but then wouldn't the tap be dripping constantly? the head just spins and spins and there is no grip at all.
Please help thanks :)

Sponsored Links
your right it does go on abit.
asleep-045.gif

have you a pic to give a better idea ?

Okies here are some pictures as I take the tap apart bit by bit and the last picture shows the metal thing I told you about with the teeny screw things...

Tap1.jpg

tap2.jpg

tap4.jpg

tap3.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back