Tap heads come loose..Not able to fix it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a tap head which has come loose and is wobbly. It works fine and turns the tap on and off. I am not able to find any screw to tighten it. There are no screws around the tap head or on top of it. I have added the pic of the tap. Any help please.

Attachments

• IMG_20170315_191829.jpg
    IMG_20170315_191829.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,376
Sponsored Links
rvs800, good evening.

Taps are cunning things, concealed bits here and there.

Suggest you have a close, I mean close look at the Blue or Red Plastic cap on the end of the tap, in your Image, the end where your? hand and fingers are.

This plastic [Blue or Red] cap is just that, a cap that allows access to the nut that holds the tap handle on and in some types of tap it is this nut you may need to get at?

As for the plastic cap, if you look closely at the plastic cap you may ? ? be able to see a small slot on the outer edge of the Plastic cap, by inserting a small fine screwdriver and pries the Plastic cap off, hence access to the nut [or in some cases a screw] that is holding the tap on to the spindle.

If there is not a small slot, you can using a thin small screwdriver prize the cap off then tighten the nut or screw?

Please tell us how you get on with this??

Ken.

rvs800, good evening.

Hi Ken,
I had seen the notch below the blue cap earlier and had tried inserting a screwdriver to prise it open. It didn't budge even a little. so i thought this was just a sticker and not a cap. After reading your reply, tried a mini screwdriver which fits the space perfectly and tried to prise, no luck. even tried my wife's eyebrow plucker :D. Still didnt work. Tried various ways, kept the screwdriver in the notch and tried banging it. nothing happened.

Finally i just had to give up. Think will have to visit a hardware store and ask them if they have a similar model. Thanks for your reply anyways!

Sponsored Links
rvs800, good afternoon.

Suggest you try and see if the Plastic cap is screw on? just a consideration?

Must admit the ones I have had a go at are generally very tight push fit.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back