please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
I posted b4 about an ideal classic NF40 not lighting.
I replaced the pcb and the air pressure switch and now the fan kicks in and the ignition is clicking away, but it refuses to light up :(
I really need some help on this, as Ive been told by a number of plumbers that I cant get anyone out to it till AFTER chrimbo!
please if anyone has any ideas, let me know,
I'll be really greatful.

regards to all :(

Sponsored Links
no I cant use a meter :(
regarding power to the gas valve, pass.
All I did was replace the board, although a plumber said the valve could of stuck, and to tap it gently wich I did to no avail.
also there is no reset switch on this boiler.
any ideas kevplumb?

could be a high limit stat has tripped small disk approx 3/4"" dia will be clipped to the flow pipe if there is a botton beetween the terminals press it :)

Sponsored Links
no, cant find any button :(
this is driving me nuts!
any plumbers in warrington area can come and have a look? lol
thanks for helping kevplumb, but there is only a switch for on/off and the gas knob on the front of the boiler.

sorry kevplumb, cant find any kind of button anywhere in this boiler.
I dont think it has a reset switch :(
where the gas comes in it says honeywell VR4700E.
its a sealed unit with 2 motorizes valves I beleive, no reset on this either.
Theres a small screw at the gas input and one at the output to the burner.
There 1 tiny screw in between the valves, but Ive not touched these because of the gas.
cheers for helping me out on this mate.

Over heat stat on class is bottom right on the side by the control panel ,little red button. But if your getting fan and sparking this is ok as it stops any of this happening. Check when you have fitted board you didn`t trap ignition wire(why did you change board) good chance pilot solenoid valve has gone. Classic`s sometime have a twin solenoid valve if you have one of these just swap solenoids over and if pilot lights you know it`s solenoid at fault (main gas won`t come on now as that has faulty solenoid) and you need a new one (very rare both go)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back