glow worm ultiate boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps

please can anyone advise of the following problem

boiler is struggling to ignite, fan kicks in, ignition spark is there but is inconsistant when lighting, and someties will fail to ignite at all

please help :confused:

thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply not sure if i worded it correctly what i was trying to say was that the gas wont flare up fans working ignition sparks working but boiler wont light

please advise

Sponsored Links
is the pilot light lighting at all :?:

is the pilot flame on but the ignition is still sparking :?:

is the pilot flame on but the main burner is not flashing up :?:

If you have it serviced annually you would not have this problem. Cant advise until DM is back.

Paul

thanks to all u have been most helpfull. how much should i expect to pay to get this repaired.

thanks again :D

is the pilot light lighting at all :?:

is the pilot flame on but the ignition is still sparking :?:

is the pilot flame on but the main burner is not flashing up :?:

As already mentioned.....blocked pilot injector to all three scenarios you propose.

Lost count of the number of Ultimates ive had the pilot to pieces on!

i don't doubt that its the pilot injector causing the problem :LOL:

however hg you need to think a little harder if you propose that all things i listed can be a problem related with the pilot injector :rolleyes:

We would treat it just like any other repair which would be £84 plus any parking.

Near my dentist at the Westgate practice there is two hours free parking which covers my visits to him ( for teeth that is ) as he has not asked me to do his boilers yet.

My hairdresser near the Homebase is another matter though as I dont dare to service his boiler for £55 when he cuts my hair for ( only? ) £10.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back