Please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to put my new Summerhouse up in a couple of weeks and need to fit out the insides as well as possible.

I've bought laminate for the floor and moisture resistant underlay for that, cladding for the ceiling, and have a roll of bubble wrap that I could use for the walls for insulation.

Would you do that? I need to know what would be the best option for the walls. Never done any plastering but more than happy to give it a go, or 3mm MDF would cover the walls. Ply is a bit expensive and once up I want to make it look good, so wanted to plaster and paint.

Any suggestions? Forget skimming? Alternatives?[

Sponsored Links
Hardboard is what you need for the walls and not plasterboard as you will get damp issues in time.

Buy from B abd Q and get them to cut the 8 x 4 sheets into manageable 4 x 2 sheets.
Easy cladding. :D

Depends how it's constructed, timber shed type structure are fairly damp so laminate is unsuitable for the floor. Too damp for plasterboard and hardboard , both will warp and bow.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back