Please Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone has some advice for me. Recently moved into a house that had been empty for some time. Although the bathroom suite looked relatively new (hope this makes sense!) we had problems with the toilet from the start. Firstly we couldnt get it to flush properly and when it did the water continued to run for ages and the cystern wasnt refilling. Finally i caved and asked a friend who is a plumber to have a look for me. He couldnt really explain what the problem had been but it seemed better for a while after he left. Now one of the drains (with manhole cover) has been over flowing. It hasnt started to smell that bad yet but my parnter tried to clear it with drain rods and this hasnt helped! Also the shower is on it makes a horrendous rumbling noise! I really cant afford a huge bill - not that i know who to call in anyway! If anyone can offer me any advice i would be so grateful as i am so naive about these things and really dont want to be taken advantage of ! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Re the blocked drain - first contact your sewerage service provider ( may be the same as your drinking water supplier ) they may clear it Free of charge :idea:

Re the toilet - Is the water going straight down the pan when filling? That would be a faulty or mal-adjusted valve.

Sponsored Links
Toilet : Is this fixed now?

Drains : Anglian Water (I presume as you're in Suffolk) 08457 145 145

Shower : Make and model may help us help you a bit more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back