Vokera Compact central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am hoping someone can help since the house is cold,

I have a Vokera Compact which has been working find for years till this winter, I recently had a problem with the guy who came to fit some tiles managed to put a whole in a pipe but that is fixed.
The problem i have now is that there is no central heating, the boiler seems to work as when using the hot tap it fires up and gets hot, but it wont fire up to heat the radiators, i have drained the system and refilled it to see if that would do anything but it hasnt,

Sponsored Links
i have the time clock set to it being always on and the time clock is set how it was, i have tried auto and on and both dont fire up, i have no room thermo its all done by the boiler

Change of PCBs is often based on suspicion alone. Often, PCBs are replaced without proper though process. In above case, timer shorts out two terminals on the board which tells the PCB a demand has been made for CH. Remove wires from said terminals and apply a short here instead and see if boiler fires. If not, PCB will need to be changed.

Ensure selector knob on front panel is in CH position.

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler sound as if it's doing anything when the ch is switched on or is it totally dead?

the boiler is pretty much dead on the central heating side, though in 8 hours it sounded like it fired for a moment and then stopped again, the only time it properly fires at the moment is when someone runs the hot water tap

DP could you please give me more detailed instuctions, i have had a look but don't know what to do, i have downloaded the compact installation and service instuctions pdf

Excellent flow chart in manual. It will guide you to the fault/ failed component.

I gave up and got a plumber, after a week still not working, he replaced the pump and the pcb, there is now a leak from one of the pipes, the closest he got was the heating came on for 5 mins then turned off to never return till the power was reset, he does not have a clue what is wrong i am hoping that you can help me and him, he has called vokera and followed what they said and now heating wont come on at all, when he had it at its best it was a flashing orange light, when it stopped it went to a flashing green light, he is coming back in the morning can someone please help me and him

PCB replacement has achieved zilch as suggested in earlier post. Pump failure can result in no heating, but changing that has also proven fruitless.

You may want to post your address here and hope a regular comes to your rescue

Alternatively, Call Vokera for a fixed price repair. Vokera guys at technical backup are good. Can only assume you 'plumber' failed to understand instructions. As said earlier, good flow chart in manual

Boiler should be pressurised to 1.25 bar
If it delivers HW, part of circuitry checked out as is fan and APS.
If no heating, I would be looking at the pump (is it getting power), power on demand lead etc.

Person coming to look at your boiler has to know how to read (instructions), be able to use multimeter (must), be conversant with boiler operation, have his lucky charm in his pocket and gods on his side to fix a boiler every time. If you are in the room with the 'engineer' his body language will tell you if he is comfortable working on the boiler. If he 'knows' his boiler he will be 'showing' off, if not, his struggle will be evident.

Anyone in Leeds who could help, the plumber decided not to come because he doesnt have a clue, with the changes he has made from calling vokera we have no hot water now either, i have gone through the flow charts but i am a numpty when it comes to plumbing and didnt understand quite alot of it, (same as my plumber by the look of it). if someone thinks they know what the problem is could you write a numpty guide for me please

all done, got a good plumber for it, he finished the job of the other one in 5 mins, great guy and good price better than the other, highly recommend this one so if anyone in leeds wants his number email me at [email protected], DP thank you for your advice wish you lived in leeds you was a great help over this cold christmas

Whats his name?

Its always useful to know of someone to recommend for different areas.

How did you find him?

Tony

TJ's Plumbing and Heating
His name is Trevor Wootton,
Found him in the thompson local

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back