Vokera COmpact Combi Hot water

if you have removed the flow regulator, which would have gunged up anyway, test dhw flow switch is operating, simple flow switch check with multimeter open circuit/closed circuit.

replacement of secondary themistor ( part number 8484) is again diy possible, so is testing of flow switch

last thermistor i got ( heatspares, helen st, govan) was about £8

Do you mean dhw n t c ( thermistor )
thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean dhw n t c ( thermistor )
thanks

dhw flow regulator and dhw ntc thermistor (part no 8484) are two different things.

what have you taken out and discarded and what have you tested?

It was the ntc thermistor (part no 8484) that was the problem , changed it today and water heats up brilliantly.
Thanks very much for your help , GG and all the others that helped , you are just MAGIC
THANKS AGAIN.

Sponsored Links
I have same boiler and have the static red light. I have just removed the flow regulator and need to know if I should now adjust anything else before testing. Cheers

I have same boiler and have the static red light. I have just removed the flow regulator and need to know if I should now adjust anything else before testing. Cheers

solid red light is usually primary ntc sensor but can be board

It's been running for ten mins now and the pressure is starting to rise. Have turned on hot water tap and will turn it off when pressure gets to 1.5 bar. Will keep doing this till it stabilises - if it does.

It's been running for ten mins now and the pressure is starting to rise. Have turned on hot water tap and will turn it off when pressure gets to 1.5 bar. Will keep doing this till it stabilises - if it does.
lost me there?

what is the pressure when the boiler is off/cold? should be 1 -1.5

how much does it rise when heating running ? should not go above 2-2.5

had the pressure dropped to zero when you had the red light? low pressure/lockout will give the red light

the sensor fault i was on about occurs when you cant get rid of the red light when resetting

Now I should start at begining.

The boiler was here when we moved in. it is 8 years old. It has never been good. In cold weather we have to run the water at a trickle to keep it hot.

It has been temperamental for a while now and a few days ago the red light started coming on. The boiler could run for an hour or so and then stop and red light would come on. There was a very small leak coming from the stopper in the side of the pump. I removed the clip and stopper, put a new o ring on the stopper and refitted the stopper and the clip. The leak stopped. There has been no leak since.

Now the red light comes on and the boiler stops very quickly after putting it on.

I removed the flow restrictor today and before turning on the boiler I reset the pressure to 1.5. I turned the boiler back on and all went well but the pressure was rising steadily until it went into the red. I turned on the hot water tap and left it running to bring the pressure back down and then let the boiler run to see if the pressure went back up again.

I don't know if it would have went back up because I turned it off to see (as you asked) what the pressure was when the boiler was cold.

And here we are. The boiler has been off for 20mins and the pressure is 1 bar.

Just checked pressure and it is down further. There are no leaks anywhere that I can see.

Turned boiler back on and after 5 or ten mins pressure is almost up to 3.

It seems as if the expansion vessel is failed or discharged.

See FAQ on this site for details of how to test.

Tony

After running the hot tap again and bringing the bar down to 2 then running the boiler for about ten mins I have just checked and it seems to have settled at 2 bar. Will leave it for a while and see what happens.

Will check out your reference. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back