Please HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

I had a new heating system installed by certified person but the rest of the plumbing in the house by the builder. The plastic pipes that are all over the place were installed by the builder (not a plumber). Please could someone direct me how they should look like (tidy) so I can ask him to fix them to the right positions? I am absolutely panicking...

Attachments

• IMG-20220103-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220103-WA0001.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 393
Sponsored Links
Why didn't the 'certified' person do all the plumbing? If he has to sign the paperwork to say it is correct, watertight, gas safe etc then only he can do the work.
The 'builder' should not have done any of the pipework unless he was a plumber and, judging by the state of that mess, he clearly isn't!
If you develop a fault how on earth is anyone supposed to quickly determine which is flow, which is return and which is storage? It's a rats nest and needs to be installed correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Conny, Basically I paid the builder to do the extension (including new heating/plumbing) and he said he has a plumber. Only when the plumber that did the heating was leaving he said that he is only responsible for the heating and he was asked to leave x number of connections for the builder to connect. If I had known that I would question why the plumber did not do the whole plumbing but only part. Ok mess is done and I need to ask him to clear the mess, but how can I be sure that he has done a good job? Everything is now plastered and painted, can I still ask him to get a qualified plumber to redo plumbing or is it unreasonable? I just want to make sure that I will not have any issues in the future.

Erm... is this a windup? If not,take my advice with a pinch of salt.

I'm not a plumber but have refit a few bathrooms as DIY. Those pushfit fittings are taking weight of the pipes and water.

I'd expect all the pipes to be clipped to the wall, like the copper is, so the pushfit isn't taking any weight.

This also moves it out the way so you have clear access. I bet those pipes dance around when the washing machine pump is on.

Must be a windup, as per others (well it is posted in DIY Disaster’s sectiono_O).

Straining pipes, unclipped pipes, all over the show, taped to safety discharge pipe (n)

I would certainly ask/tell him to get a fully qualified plumber in to sort that rats nest out. I'm not a plumber, (elec/mech engineer ret'd), but have done some home plumbing and always worked to the mantra of as few bends as possible but all runs as straight and neat as possible and securely clipped to prevent unnecessary movement. In a set up like this I would also like to see industry standard pipe markings showing things such as flow, return, hot feed/boosted, cold feed/boosted etc. If each pipe is marked then it would be much easier to trace a problem should one occur.
Curiosity, did you get a breakdown of each 'trade' cost? I.E. Price for plumbing, price for electrics, price for plastering etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back