PLEASE recommend a flexible bathroom floor!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 1st floor is the hated chipboard, which creaks and squeaks as the joints move. The bathroom floor is uneven because one joist was a little high. I have used long screws in this floor, which has stopped the creaking but inevitably the floor still flexes when you walk around. We can't find anything smart, which is flexible enough to cope with the movement. I don't mind putting down some thin ply to help with the appearance but I'm wary of a thick permanent covering because the floor might need to come up in future years for plumbing work or whatever, so the covering needs to be cheapish and on a roll.

I fancy a matt grey "tiled" appearance. We have tried rubber flooring tiles in the downstairs WC, which has the same floor but the PVA sealer makes the rubber shiny and reflective, showing up all the irregularities beneath despite us having taken great care to level and flatten. A dark coloured tile would be even more reflective with overhead halogen lights.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Lino/vinyl.
But get the chipboard up first and sort out the joists to stop the creaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back