Please Recommend Motion Sensor Light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour complained about our security light - keeps coming on all night. It's a cheap light and the ivy blowing in the wind keeps triggering it. I had to remove it. Can someone please recommend from personal experience a motion sensor light that will ignore a bit of ivy, and isn't too expensive. One that will be responsive to the existing inside light switch would be useful too.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
and isn't too expensive

that could limit you to using cheap poor quality equipment.

I suggest a Steinel 180 or 140 ( https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/Steinel/PIR_Detectors/index.html ) and a separate lamp.

You might the able to disable the sensor in your existing lamp and connect the Steinel in its place.

One that will be responsive to the existing inside light switch

If you mean that flicking the switch ON and OFF a few times will turn the lamp of permanently ( ignoring the PIR ) the Steinel will NOT do that.

The ivy is your problem. Install bernards Steinel PIR in a place where it isn’t affected by outside influences, or chop down the ivy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back