PLEEEEEASE HELP!!! SECURIT 700L - How do I shut off???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to repair an overhead bulb holder in the hallway where my Mains Fusebox is, but, if I switch off the mains, the house alarm goes off. A meter reader who "used to install those things" told me I could simply switch off the fuse for that room, and then fix the overhead light. NOPE! Alarm siren triggered again. It seems to have a back-up battery which I think is the one I found in the box alongside the Mains - where he said it wouldn't likely be....(useful guy eh!)....a 12v batt which only had +conn.

I do have the manual but to be honest, I'd just like to STOP the thing going off and not have it wake the entire neighbourhood at random times. Entering the Engineers code does nothing. Neither did entering the 4 digit code the previous owners of my flat had written inside of the booklet. Nothing works. Is my only real solution to rip the bloody thing off the wall and replace it?? The alarm currently isn't in use as such. The room PIR's flash when I go into a room but I don't set the alarm because Im scared that I get it wrong and can't switch it off!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! Happy to send some Lottery tickets to anyone who can give me the advice I need. :D

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean the external sounder goes off when you turn the mains off?
Sounds like you need a new standby batt.

You may want to read the alarm sticky for more info

If you have the engineers manual you can reprogramme it as required.

if you only have the user manual its your choice, remove whole alarm and forget it, or buy a completely differnt alarm with engineer manual (or call an a alarm co)

if i was you, call a small alarm company to change your standby battery and give it a good service, so you can start securing your property! i would say for a batt and service you are looking @ £85 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back