How to remove a Securit 700L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how I remove my Securit 700L. We haven't used the alarm since we moved in 9 years ago.

We've had a few power cuts over the past few days and the alarm goes off. The company who installed it quoted £250 to come assess the issue - I'm not paying that. I'd rather remove the alarm completely.

Sponsored Links
"Probably", a dead cert it needs to be replaced.

A battery of that age and more, could be the cause of many a problem.

Yes, that was the quote, along with I think £50 an hour if it takes more than 2 hours.

As I said, we've never used it so I just thought I may as well take the whole thing out.

Can you get replacement batteries still?

Is it simple to just take the entire alarm down - without setting the alarm off?

Sponsored Links
if you have the user code, take the battery out silenced it with the code and see if it works.

Probably just the battery needs replacing, may have been better phrasing.

if it does replace the battery, should be able to get one from screwfix and they are open every day.

I take it you mean the battery in the main box?

Is it easy to remove the entire system if I wanted to?

If you seriously don't want the system, just kill the mains power then remove the equipment. You'll probably want some extension ladders as the external sounder will activate,
The 700l is a entry level panel which is fairly easy to operate. As suggested just replace the battery in the main panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back