Plinth Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are getting quotes for a new kitchen and are thinking of replacing the 2 small 500 rads in the kitchen/Dining room for 1 plynth heater connected to the central heating system.

The floor space in the room is 14metre squared

Will these type of heaters warm a room that size and are they reliable?

If they are what size should I be looking to buy?

Are these heaters a good idea?

Do thet have to be connected to the leki for the fan?

Thanks,
Con1_uk.

Sponsored Links
They are a good heater, but they make a slight noise due to the fan, which can be annoying.

Yes, they have an electric motor to drive the fan. When it is turned off (or not working) they give out little heat.

They will make the cupboards above rather warm.

(p.s. they will go wrong more often than an ordinary radiator)

Assuming you mean 14 sq metres, not 14M x 14M, then I use a 2kw rad in mine, which is ample. There are tables for radiator calculation which require to know size of internal/external walls; insulation; size and type of windows; solid or suspended foor; what is above/below/next to the room. Some kind person may point you at a website.

The Hydronic models just connect to the heating system, Electric models can be used where there are no easy pipe routes available and the Duo models combine the two.

[
quote="con1_uk"]We are getting quotes for a new kitchen and are thinking of replacing the 2 small 500 rads in the kitchen/Dining room for 1 plynth heater connected to the central heating system.

The floor space in the room is 14metre squared

Will these type of heaters warm a room that size and are they reliable?

If they are what size should I be looking to buy?

Are these heaters a good idea?

Do thet have to be connected to the leki for the fan?
The only plinth heaters that I have fitted are indeed connected to the central heating system because they are mini radiators??

Sponsored Links
If it's any help, we use the Smiths Environmental range (called Space Saver) because they seem to be a bit better made than the other lot (M+++N) and have a 5yr warranty. See www.smiths-env.com.

We recommend the Space saver to customers with solid tiled floors because it really takes the chill off the tiles, the warm airflow being so low down.

If you have dogs or cats, they need to be cleaned regularly. The heater, I mean.

Thanks for the info

Is there anywhere else sells these heaters please?

Thanks. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back