plinth heating

T

teddyb

Hi guys

We are considering plinth heating in a new kitchen as we're told by the builder that under floor heating would be very costly due to the nature of the site.

Does anyone have any experience or views about plinth heating? Makes, effectiveness, advantages or pitfalls to watch out for?

Teddyb :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, they're good.

Try the Smiths Env Space Saver. 5yr warranty, better built than most of the others.

I agree, I always fit the Smiths range, but for some reason the small one S3 I think, doesn't come with connections, so I always specify the S5 as a minimum start point.

They can be thermostatically controlled with a remote wired stat.

I have never managed to fit any because the clients are concerned about the noise.

In spite of boiling kettles and radios they wanted a totally quiet kitchen.

I think they are a good idea but they are rarely used.

What we need is a nice cold winter so that people appreciate a properly designed and installed heating system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Size it so the latent trickle heat is enough for the kitchen then in all but the coldest days the fan won't need to be used. Usually about 50% of the fan output.

I have decided to purchase a Smiths SS5 plinth heater after seeing posts on this forum.

Please excuse my ignorance on this matter: I see that Smiths also sell a remote thermostat, and have seen their wiring diagram.

The instructions for the heater states that the factory-fitted cord must be connected to FCU. However, instructions re thermostat that the output from stat is connected to "heater live, neutral & earth input via terminal block or three core flex (if fitted)."

I read above as connect spur to stat, stat to FCU and the FCU to heater.
Or am I missing something??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back