plug no longer sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to this forum and hope someone might be able to asist.

My bath plug is no longer holding water, it's one of the twist to open /close types . Ideal standard i think.
It's only 2 years old, but due my 1 year old son having eczma bath oil i fear the rubber seal may either have rotted(probably not the correct word) or have become clogged with grease.

i have removed the side panel to inspect, and it has a flexible tube running from the back of the twist mechanism to the plug mechanism.

Basically, does anyone know if these are easy(ish) to service/repair or if it's a total ballache, will a "normal" plug fit in?

Woukd be easier to explain if i could post a photo, but i'm a luddite :oops:

Sponsored Links
No, it's hard to describe. A large mechanism underneath the bath where the waste pipe connects to the plug.

ah, just noticed it's a Viega. possibly uses vacuum to close?

I'm a gas engineer not a plumber so not really a clue :oops:

I didnt have it fitted, would have been happy with a normal plug arrangement. it was already in the property when i moved in

Sounds like the multiplex basically same as gasservice showed you.

Remove the plug the screw on the bottom maybe loose/need adjusting.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a look on the viega website, yep it's the multiplex.
Didn't recognise it from the other pic initially.
Righty.....I'm going in!
Wish me luck :confused:

I don't do a lot of bathroom stuff but I know the advantage of using ideal standard over some Chinese crap is that you get get the spares

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back