Plug orientation consistency

Sponsored Links
I think they cost around £35 pounds the one I have was supplied by an energy company likely Scottish power it has 6 sockets one which it senses current one which is always live and 4 which are switched off when the sensing socket has no drain.

I use it for an old TV with video player only because it was handy. When I turn on DVD player it turns on TV and when the DVD ends the TV turns off. I watch a DVD when I go to bed and when it finishes everything turns off.

But I would not buy one. Cheaper to get plug in timer.
$_35.JPG
the one shown has 5 switched one sensing and two permanent live sockets. Link here I was only mentioning these as there is more area around each socket outlet so items are less likely to foul each other.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
But I would not buy one ... I was only mentioning these as there is more area around each socket outlet so items are less likely to foul each other.
Fair enough - but it would obviously be perfectly possible for someone to manufacture a simple extension lead which had a similar layout of socket outlets. I would be surprised if some don't exist.

Kind Regards, John

I think he means that one plug has the flex coming out of the top, and one with the flex coming out of the bottom of the plug

OP - belkin make them with rotatable sockets - I'm sure others do too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Surge-Master-8-Way-Protection/dp/B00009RIP8[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but this example is too big for the narrow space on the side wall of a cabinet between two shelves. But, there are other good ideas out there. I am going to try this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/allocacoc-P...UTF8&qid=1432384060&sr=1-3&keywords=PowerCube

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back