Plug socket back bracket

It looks like it may be half an old double, possibly an old 6 lug box, with 2 sawn off and the top half of an old 4 lug single box.

I guess someone stripped the threads on two of those frames so bodged together two halfs to make a good one. Shame about the lack of enclosure though, I'd go with moving them up the wall anyway.

Sponsored Links
My theory, is that after he had cut the two lugs off the 6 lug twin frame, you can just see where he butchered them off,, he thought sod doing the other 2 and opted to cut across it and another frame, which was less work.

I've only just spotted the "spot the difference" circled in green... (blue also added, to agree with '6 lug')

Inked20180908_222735_LI.jpg

...so I think @333rocky333 has nailed it. No way it was once 'just one frame', so neither sheds or I were right.

I had dismissed the sideways logo, thinking that maybe on the older ones they stamped it both ways for the occasion a double gang is mounted vertically, just for neatness' sake.

Sponsored Links
Now explain the one odd fixing screw, the slotted ones look very 70's :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back