Plug socket back bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I know that sockets should no longer be fitted into skirting boards etc but I wondered if anyone is able to tell me what the brackets are at the back of my plug sockets. Also if these can still be purchased as I Need to replace one until we work on one room.
I've never seen this kind of bracket before.

We have moved into a 1930s house and will be fitting sockets up the walls as we redecorate each room. Thanks. Mike
3502als.jpg

Attachments

• 20180908_222735.jpg
    20180908_222735.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
Looks like a Dry lining box might fit too with a bit more cut out

Sponsored Links
What exactly are they designed for,
Mounting sockets and similar items in a panel, such as on test equipment, machinery, industrial control panels and similar.

What you have got is not compliant, as the back of sockets must be enclosed, and not made of flammable materials.

Mounting sockets and similar items in a panel, such as on test equipment, machinery, industrial control panels and similar.

What you have got is not compliant, as the back of sockets must be enclosed, and not made of flammable materials.

Got ya.

Many thanks.

We have moved into a 1930s house and will be fitting sockets up the walls as we redecorate each room.
Well, if this is what a previous occupant thought was an acceptable standard of workmanship:

upload_2018-9-10_17-0-57.png

expect more horrors to emerge.

Don't ask me - I wasn't responsible for where the logo was placed.

If you think it was always a 2G frame, I'd be interested in a credible theory explaining why someone cut two pieces out of it.

There's plenty of wood depth on that skirting. Plunge saw the hole so a standard metal back box will fit.
Use wood screws through the (usually) supplied holes in the edge of the box to secure it.

I think it may be a hoptical hillusion.
If the cables width was facing the cam, I think they would look bigger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back