plugs for central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,could somebody tell me where to get those rubber type cones which save having to drain down please.how much are they roughly?or is there a trick of the trade ;) ;) i think one of the olives is cranked on the radiator and would like to have a go at changing the valves without the b**lache of having to drain. i suspect its slightly risky :rolleyes: anybody got any stories where its gone t***s up,waterfall styli?.thanks once again

Sponsored Links
sr72 said:
hi all,could somebody tell me where to get those rubber type cones which save having to drain down

i have seen them in Q & B

SOme tank connectors have two longditudinal ribs in them for a spanner thing to turn, which makes it hard for the cone to seal well. Bas's method works, as does freezing the pipe.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
SOme tank connectors have two longditudinal ribs in them for a spanner thing to turn, which makes it hard for the cone to seal well. Bas's method works, as does freezing the pipe.
say what?think you need some kip chrisr looking at the times of some of your posts.looks like its catchin up with ya :LOL: average human=8 hours shuteye per 24.mindst it never gets dark int antartic does it? :LOL: either that or to many STELLA ;)

As far as I can tell I'm in the dark all day and all night. :rolleyes:

The clock's an hour slow, by the way!

For cases or torches? Can never find a torch in the dark. Besides, they do USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand. No shops down here :rolleyes:
Hmmm, it'll be morning in March sometime.

Wonder if that clock will be put right - still an hour slow.

managed to fix the radiator.used some plumbers mait to plug-somewhat cheaper than those rubber effegies:cool: .

have you been spearing for fish today chrisR?,stocking up for the big freeze!!have you tried petzl :LOL: will be light in about 7 hours here.managed to fix y our clock? ;) ;)

how long have you got to work once the pipe is frozen :?:

the time sponsored by breitling is 12.50PM
the clock will be right when they go back soon :rolleyes:

depends on how high ambient temperature is.

but i think its 1/2 hr - 1hr

or 10 mins if next to an oven (assuming the oven is on)

sr72 said:
how long have you got to work once the pipe is frozen :?:

About 9 months, but with global warming it could be a bit less. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back