Plumb sure 15x10 internal reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Bought some internal reducers for converting my 15mm rad valves to 10mm pipe. Was a little confused by this brand and the set is one piece, rather than two piece and an olive. I finally worked out that this one piece type does not need an olive, even though the instructions on the pack refer to an olive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway,

Ive fitted them now but not refilled the rads. When fitting them I heard the "crack" that you are supposed too and nipped a little further. Ive now disassembled the fittings just out of curiosity and have found that two of them have fallen into two pieces with one part firmly attached to the pipe. The others are firmly attached to the pipe but are still in one piece.

Question: Can I still use the ones that have split into two? Do I need to tighten a little more the ones that are still in one piece?

Trying to avoid flooding the kitchen!

All good advice gratefully received.

C.

Sponsored Links
They are meant to split, when tightening you will feel them crack and go slightly loose, that's normal tighten them back up and your good.

They're called snap reducers, the olive is actually the centre piece of the brass fitting. Personally I hate them.

The 3 piece reducers with a proper olive are much better IMO, that or native 10mm valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back