Plumber let me down

I don't see anything seriously wrong with the way he has done it.

But the flexi seems to be twisted which is not good for it.

And the flexi loops off to the right when it could have just as easily been looped to the left and so mostly out of sight and so far neater.

But the white pipe could have been slightly shortened and left the flexi in a gentle swan neck shape.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If the less is from the plastic x 2, then it is possible that insets were not used?

Thanks for input, took it apart, no inserts used in plastic pipe, which was leaking at both ends. Also no PTFE tape used on compression fittings (don't know if always required?), could that have caused the other leak? Put a new flexi hose on with integrated valve (contrary to previous advice but had one spare), threw away the plastic pipe and joined new hose to existing bottom nut, less turns in the hose - so far no leaks but will keep an eye on it.
Thanks very much for all your responses, really appreciated and comforting to know good advice is close at hand.

Dougie

The plumber has let himself down, instead of using a 300 female double end flexi he has used female and compression flexi.
Purchase a 300 flexi with both end connections female and this will fit straight onto the tap and ballafix and also do away with the plastic pipe.

Sponsored Links
I think he has already done something like that!

Not very impressive that he used no inserts on a plastic pipe! Very basic mistake and whilst carelessness leaving ONE out to leave TWO out implies he is not using it properly.

No PTFE is required on compression joints.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back