PLUMBER NOT RETURNING TO FIX HW PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I employed a plumber to diagnose and fix a problem that I have with my hot water circuit.

I have a sealed S plan system with the 2 valves which works fine with the CH but only works intermittently with the HW. The plumber checked the valve and diagnosed the problem as the programmer so returned and replaced it. I paid the outstanding balance when he left expecting the problem to have been sorted. Unfortunately, it appears that I have exactly the same intermittent problem I had before the programmer was replaced. I have contacted the plumber a couple of times over the last 3 weeks to return and fix the problem but his return emails now seem to have stopped. It is apparent to me that the programmer was OK all the time and the probable cause of the HW problem is the cylinder thermostat. I'm hoping the plumber will still return but the longer I don't hear from him the more unlikely this will be.

I need advice. What course of action should I take now?

Sponsored Links
And what happened with the reverse circulation issue ?
Reverse circ prob has been pushed back to builder to sort now that the problem has been acknowledged.

More likely that the motorised valve is faulty. Cylinder stats rarely fail.
The HW valve was replaced in the first instance. It would be unfortunate to have had 2 faulty valves but this does happen I guess. The valve does seem to power up and work though. Can only be the cylinder stat now, can't it?

Sponsored Links
My question is how should I deal with the plumber now. Basically, I've paid him to fix the problem, the problem still exists and he's not coming back.

Trouble is I'm out of pocket by a fair amount of money and the problem still isn't fixed...

Trouble is I'm out of pocket by a fair amount of money and the problem still isn't fixed...

You can't force him to come back. Only option would be the small claims court.

I can't imagine you paid him enough to make it worthwhile going through that..

@blackbirdxx thing is, there are always 2 sides to a story and we are only reading yours!
"we" being either 'professional plumbers', 'disgruntled customers of plumbers", "armchair/keyboard warriors" or "genuine diy-ers seeking advice".
Wrong audience for the advice you need IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back