REVERSE CIRCULATION

Some might say that there should be a length of pipe before the HW return connection and not just two Tees next to each other!

Sponsored Links
Having worked on many oil combis where they rely on non return valves to isloate heating during hot water operation, your problem in accepting a nrv would be it failing to operate after a short period. Stick to your guns.

Hi,

I had an 'S' plan CH system installed by a plumber who was subcontracted to builder. Since it was installed, it has suffered from reverse circulation with the upstairs rads getting hot when the HW is switched on/CH switched off.

I am meeting with both the plumber and builder this week to try to finally agree a way forward and sort this problem. We do know the return pipework has been connected incorrectly beneath the HW cylinder but I'm afraid that the plumber will just propose a non return valve on the radiator return as an easy fix. I'm sure this will fix the problem but I don't want to be bullied into having to accept this 'bodge' solution on what is a newly installed system.

What are the feelings of you guys out there?? What are the problems of having a non return valve fitted, especially in the long term??
Many thanks in advance...
We've already kicked this to death in a thread you started on 27 April.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back