Plumber or Roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have not been in my new house long, but every time someone has a shower upstairs, water starts dripping in the side alleyway* of the house. There is nothing above the alley itself so I can only assume it is a leak from the shower water draining away or being supplied. I am also guessing that the plaster from the ceiling in the alley will have to be removed to find the leak, or the floor of the bathroom coming up, or someone getting on the roof. My question is, do I need a plumber or a roof person?

*(There used to be an alley down the side of the house but the previous owners built it in to make it an indoor alley. There fore it has no roof on it)

Thank You for any advice you can give.

Sponsored Links
every time someone has a shower upstairs, water starts dripping in the side alleyway

If it not raining and still leaking while showering, then....

Plumber.

Might be coming from waste pipe for shower.

Dan

Definitely a plumber if the water is coming when someone showers. A roofer will be able to fix the damage afterward to the roof but a plumber is needed to fix the actual leaking. Has this been going on the entire time since you moved in? If so, you may be able to get legal recourse from the previous owners for not revealing this. We've used a review site for minneapolis plumbers before and gotten a list of good contractors to get quotes from. Worth a shot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back