Plumber seeking guidance...... (hope this catches your eyes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Poped over form Plumbing Forum,

Had a bad afternoon today, while fitting shower enclosure, though I had best remove excess silicone from corner joint where decorative 'wetboard/aquapanel' meets the rightangled jointing channel - with me so far?

This had been fitted by brickie (along with tiling). Anyways, stanley slips and scores a line 50mm long about 8mm to one side. Had to put my hands up to this one.

As you can imagine, I am most reluctant to consider replacing entire panel (never mind the expense, the time and disruption this would cause gives me a shiver).

So, big question time, can anyone here suggest a source of silvered 'quadrant beading' to cover my mishap, would need to be approx 40mm width across the cut edges. My local CTD could not help, nor could b&q (no surprise there then) Silvered UPVC would be best I reckon, but my local plastics supplier was baffled too.

anyone still reading this far - or, a source of very thin, say, 1mm * 10mm strip to adhere either side of internal corner bead.?

All replies gratefully acknowledged.

Dreadnought

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
dreadnought...the stella artois are starting to take control ere mate...(xmas pressies)....found under the stairs...will sleep on it mate and try and get ma pea brain in gear for ya... ;)

TicTic, have you really got nuffink better do at 00.30 in the morning than be helping a plumber get out of the sh1te? LOL. Thanks matey, virtual pint of stella now being poured.

DH

the stella artois are starting to take control ere mate...(xmas pressies)....found under the stairs...will sleep on it mate and try and get ma pea brain in gear for ya... ;)
Ere you were drinking those well into last night; have you actually sobered up today or just been sleeping it off :rolleyes: :LOL:

the stella artois are starting to take control ere mate...(xmas pressies)....found under the stairs...will sleep on it mate and try and get ma pea brain in gear for ya... ;)
Ere you were drinking those well into last night; have you actually sobered up today or just been sleeping it off :rolleyes: :LOL:

the wife was giving me ear ache a little..rich..there was a "wee" game on today..the build up starts a good few days before hand... :LOL:.. ;)

DH looking back i cant even rember posting mate.. :LOL: :LOL: .hope ya get it sorted bud....

as for having nothing better to do....well my parents always told me to help the "afflicked"..he..he.. ;)
best off
tt

the wife was giving me ear ache a little..rich..there was a "wee" game on today..the build up starts a good few days before hand... :LOL:.. ;)
Friends in last night & was pretty prissed myself! Only looked in on me way to bed which is always a big mistake :rolleyes: but I suffered a bit this morn. :cry:

Ahhhh, the games people play; I still don’t understand why women have to build up to a good slanging match & half the time you don’t even know why they’re prissed off anyway; but making up is always good. :LOL: ;)
DH looking back i cant even rember posting mate.. :LOL: :LOL: .hope ya get it sorted bud....
Well you did OK & got the thanks button so :cool:
as for having nothing better to do....well my parents always told me to help the "afflicked"..he..he.. ;) best off tt
Your so cruel. :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back