Plumber wants to cut the back ceramic pipe of toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
plumber told me waste pipe don't fit - he wants to cut the ceramic toilet. Is there any risk other than the fact it might break.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would have said him.... unless he says the risk is yours and you accept it. Not taking sides but make sure both sides clearly understand any risks and consequences.

And line up a potentially new toilet :)

Is this a new toilet he is fitting?

Is it a cast iron existing waste pipe?

Part of the beauty of toilets, is that they are clean and hygenic, cut into it, and you have a bug breeding ground. This sounds like a bodge job, and I'm inclined to go with Madrab. As always, post a picture.

Could be the same chap who built the porch,plumbed the bathroom and fitted the kitchen which the doors stand proud 1 " above the carcasses

I will take a picture later.

But it's a flip lay pipe which comes into the wall(mid way) about 4cm it protudes out. He said because of the angle it comes in, the pan connector can't go on the back of the toilet

Then tell him to do the job properly, and change the soil pipe. Yes, it'll be a bit more work, but it'll be done properly. I came across a toilet recently where they'd built a plinth in the toilet rather than change the soil pipe. You couldn't stand at the toilet properly, nor could you sit down on it easily either (perched)

Redo the soil pipe,rather then cutting the toilet .Modern toilets have different setback from the wall and it will need to be done at some point anyways

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back