Plumber's Charges

[b]£60 for each half hour - £120 an hour. That's £840 just on labour![/b]

Is this in any way reasonable or normal? I live in West London/Kingston area. A quick search online seems to suggest £60-70 an hour is what most companies/traders charge.

I know I should have asked for a fixed price in advance or a maximum daily rate, but I had to call them out in a bit of a hurry and didn't have time to do my usual searches to compare prices. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I've learnt a very valuable lesson.[/quote]

You never said what the total bill was- including materials ? (and anything else the chancers added on_[/quote]
E
p
Why am I not surprised that you have turned up? :)

He never mentioned the total bill as he was fixated by his miscalculation of the labour. Also they may not have charged much for parts, otherwise they would have featured.

Why are they chancers? You have obviously not read the recent posts.

Sponsored Links
I certainly never thought it would be £120 per hour. That's more than my solicitor charged when I bought the place! And my solicitor has to comply with some pretty stringent professional regulations to ensure their charges are absolutely clear before they undertake any work,

Thats about a third of what my solicitor charges and she was born in East Africa!

I certainly never thought it would be £120 per hour. That's more than my solicitor charged when I bought the place! And my solicitor has to comply with some pretty stringent professional regulations to ensure their charges are absolutely clear before they undertake any work,

Thats about a third of what my solicitor charges and she was born in East Africa!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back