Plumbing a temporary sink in the garage for an amateur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old sink that I want to install in the garage, it will only get used very occasionally and only needs cold water.

The waste is all sorted, I already have a tap in the garage and was hoping for some advice on the easiest way to connect it to the sink tap which would allow me to connect it up on a as needed basis.

Is there any fixings which you would recommend to use? If not I was just going to use the hose to go from the tap to the sink tap, it seems to fit the tails.

I've attached a couple of photos.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170813_142019606.jpg
    IMG_20170813_142019606.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20170813_142036380.jpg
    IMG_20170813_142036380.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
Your new taps will want a compression fitting to connect an existing 15mm pipe to one of the tails. Something like a 15mm isolator. So you'd have to remove existing tap, re route pipe down under new sink. You also want to blank off the other tail otherwise when you turn it on its likely to pour out of it.

If it's a mixer tap then put a compression blank on the hot feed, then get a hose and jubilee clip, trim the cold feed pipe to remove the olive and nut and then slide the hose onto the 15mm feed as far as possible, heating if necessary and then tighten the clip. Normal garden hose quick release fitting for the garage bib tap on the other end, then attach to tap when needed. As it's temp it doesn't need to be pretty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back