Plumbing. Bending pvc coated copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to bend 10mm pvc coated copper pipe. With the pvc coating the O/D is about 14mm so the pipe won't fit in the mini pipe bender I bought. Will I be able to bend the pipe in a 15mm pipe bender?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The plastic coating only acts as an insulation and can be removed. 10mm is plyable to bend without the bending machine. If the pipe work is below the floor then just bend it over your knee.
If it's going to be visible above the floor then just peel back and remove the insulation and use the mini bender for a neater job.

Thanks a lot, you've saved me from buying another set of pipe benders.

Sponsored Links
Only found 1 internal spring on Amazon and it was rated 1 star and the buyer said it wouldn't fit.

now now dick at least he didnt mention external springs
can i hell get away with them :(

OMG!!!! You're still alive Kev the great unwashed King of the Trailer Park Trash????!!!! I thought some cop may have plugged you with his revolver by now, thinking you were a black guy - not just a stranger to soap.

unless its a tight ninety just bend it gradually with your fingers no need to put it over knee its soft as sh'te

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back