Plumbing blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with internal plumbing. When upstairs bath/toilet/basin is used water is backing up into downstairs sink. I have just had external drains cleared but they couldn't help with internal waste pipes.

Can anyone offer advice? I am consdiering one shot drain suggested several bottles poured down and left over night??

Sponsored Links
Doubt 'one shot' will be much use, if the stack is full then it will be so dilute by time its gets to where its needed you may as well tip more water down.....
I would think you have a blockage somewhere between the base of the stack and the drain from this point to the sewer. Dont know which drainage contractor you used but they should have been able to sort it. Try a local independant rather than the big names, probably work out cheaper, but if access is difficult or problem is serious then it may get expensive.... Might be an idea to check house insurance.

Worst case scenario is either a collapse or root ingress. Collapse will require the drain to be excavated and replaced, roots can sometimes be sorted from nearest manhole.

Maybe they cleared the drains that were clear :idea: - any chance of some pictures of the layout.

How can you call out a drainage company that cant unblock an internal drain?

Didn't they offer a CCTV of your soilpipe?

Go on..........Name and shame them!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Just a quick thankyou to you all for your feedback. It seems there is possibly a collapsed waste pipe which the council main sewer investigations didn't show up. So I now have another problem to resolve via my house ins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back