Plumbing for an electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an electric shower and looking to do the plumbing side of it myself if I can.

Am I ok to run the water supply 'Td' off from the cold water supply for the bath tap, and run the pipework under the bath, and up the wall (the shower will be opposite ends to the taps)

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? and what sort of pipe/connections should I be using?

Its a triton 9.5kw shower.

I could drop it from the loft, however we will eventually be replacing the boiler and loosing the tanks in the loft etc.

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
As long as it is mains pressure to the bath then that's fine to take the supply from there. Connections depend on existing pipe size but compression tee would be ok.

Cheers Denso - I assume its mains pressure - its certainly powerful!! Anyway to double check?

Sponsored Links
Anyway to double check?
Turn it on and try to stop it with your thumb.

If it is fairly easy to stop chances are it's tank fed, i.e. not suitable.
If water squirts everywhere chances are it's mains fed, therefore suitable.

Copper, plastic, your choice. Are any joins, elbows etc going to be visible?

No joins visible if it goes to plan, under bath and chase out the wall to then plaster over and tile eventually. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back