Plumbing in a dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have bought a new countertop dishwasher and am trying to install the water feed. It says it needs to connect to a 3/4" threaded connector.

Please can someone let me know what part I need to do this and the easiest method? I am unsure looking at Screwfix.

I have uploaded a photo of the pipes below the sink that I need to connect to:

https://imgur.com/J77UONk

I did try disconnecting the outside tap (furthest pipe to the left) and trying to connect the water feed, but it leaked badly when I put the water back on.

Sponsored Links
A 3/4" threaded connector means a washing machine tap. Its universally used for such appliances.

Are you going to connect it to a copper pipe? Is there already an outlet for an appliance in your kitchen?

BTW that flexible waste hose is wrongly fitted. It should loop up, not down. It will retain dirty water from the sink. Raise it so it is against the worktop and retain it with a pipe clamp or piece of string.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies, most appreciated.

I am planning to connect this to the plastic piping somehow, but it is quite crowded.

I have moved the waste pipe back. It was correct before, but I moved it when I was trying to plumb in the dishwasher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back