Plumbing in a new fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, first i will start and say that i am NOT a plumber, and dont pretend to be.

The most 'advanced' plumbing project i have undertaken was fitting a self-peicing tap thing for my marine fish tank RO/DI machine, which lives under the sink. To date, touch wood, no leaks yet. From the self piercing tap, i screwed on an adaptor, which then allows you to push fit and peice of flexible piping (No thicker than a straw) into the RO machine.

Today, i bought a new fridge,(arrives in two weeks) and notice that the water feed is the same type of pipe as that of my RO/DI machine.

So my question is, using my current self piercing tap, buy an adapator to split it into two, each with its own shut off switch, and then push fit the fridges pipe into the spare one, and run it around the room to my fridge!

Seems OK in my mind, but thought i should ask first!
Ps Water pressure is extreamly high here, all plumbers comment on it!!
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Errrr Whats a RO/DI machine ?

You could google the fridges model number & see if you can work out what ya gets with the fridge :cool:

I've got two fridges with water connections .... Ones 1/4" od pipe & ones 6mm...... Ok they ain't from the same manufacturer ..... But I thought I'd share it with you :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back