Plumbing in Samsung American Style Fridge.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently purchased and American Style fridge with ice/water dispenser.
I've bought the bits that tap into the cold water under the sink and reduce the pipe to the 6mm hard plastic pipe that go's under the floor and comes backup behind the fridge.
I require a connection to join this 6mm pipe to the 6mm pipe that is at teh back of the fridge, anyone help?

I've tried a few plumbing places local and they dont have anything this size.

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
Do a search on yell.com for water dispenser and drink machine suppliers in your area.

I got a load of connectors, a tap, pipework etc to plumb mine in for around £15

P.s. get an inline 6 mm shutoff tap - its a godsend when you want to change the filters or move the fridge and they are only a couple of quid.

Here is who I used - they may do mail order but are very friendly and I would highly recommend them.

http://www.coolercompany.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Just a passing thought ....... My Maytag Yankee fridge has a Samsung filtration system in it ...... & the piping is 1/4" od .........

Just thought it was worth a mention :)

My plumbers merchants said 6mm fittings wouldn't do ....... And turned down a sale as they didn't have the bits to run from 15mm copper to 1/4" plastic tube ......

Anyways, if anyones interested I used John Guest fitting JGPM011514E (15mm to 1/2") then Wade Fitting W4083/11 (1/2" to 1/4") ....... Cost me £6.97 ...... (I just happened to come across the invoice, I didn't memorise that nonsense :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back