Plumbing in an American style fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install our American-style fridge, which requires a water supply from the mains. Just wondering what kind of pipe I should use to get the supply to the fridge - will standard copper stuff suffice? If so, what diameter is standard? It's being laid in a channel under the kitchen floor tiles, so I need to get it right! :D

Sponsored Links
15 mm copper with no joins under floor and sleeved to prevent cement getting to it - or plastic sleeved the same if it`s easier(just wait for the Cu/plastic debate to start :rolleyes: )

did it not come with some white tubing to supply fridge? mine came with a 5 metre roll..................only thin stuff bout 6mm i reckon

Sponsored Links
We haven't taken delivery yet, so the pipe will be tiled over before the fridge arrives.

did it not come with some white tubing to supply fridge? mine came with a 5 metre roll..................only thin stuff bout 6mm i reckon
You just need a washing machine tap/valve for the connection to that :idea:

First fix it for now so the pipe is ready with a isolater on the end so you can set it to the pipework required when the fridge arrives

The tiler can then get on with their job,some felt lagging over the pipe to be buried in the ground would be an excellent idea and then your ready to go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back