Ro tubing to american fridge?

8 Jan 2006
Reaction score
Northern Ireland
United Kingdom
hi im getting an american fridge with filtered water/ice making facility.

im looking to connect my ro filtered water (50gallon 4 stage ro with pump) to it.

The manual says i need a straight appliance tap or 15mm x 3/4 BSP.

What do i need to connect my ro system to the fridge?
(ro tubing to make it appear as straight appliance tap for the fridge water pipe to screw in?

I can get a convertor for ro system to fit an outside tap*, can you get such a thing that has threads on either side so to screw in the outside tape connection and on the other end to screw in the fridge connection?

*John Guest 3/4 BSP Female to 1/4 Push Fit Fitting
Sponsored Links
Nipple. ;)

If you want unequal sizes, then bush one end of the nipple. ;)

Seriously, these are the proper terms. :eek:
isnt plumbing a nice trade to learn heheh.....nipple,flange just to name a few :)
Quite so. And I never start a job without my trusty pair of testacles.
Sponsored Links
I think you hit the t & r key together, did you mean to type rusty. :LOL:
just an update/info for anyone else looking to do the same.

You can get a conversion pack from the manufacturer/place where you bought the fridge. In america this is the type of connector used when connection water to big fridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local