Plumbing in new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently employed someone to put new radiators in my house and I have a back boiler, the plumber drained the system but thought I had a combi and didn't turn the stopcock off but the puzzling thing is when they were fitting the new pipes for the rads no water was in the pipes. How can this happen when the stopcock was not turned off? And now the water won't go round the system and into the rads? Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
The water in the boiler is different from the water in your supply pipes!

Dont let the boiler start with no water in it. You can use the fire though.

Tony

Didn't the 'plumber' test the radiators to make sure that there were no leaks and everything heated up/balanced????

Did the plumber speak English???

Andy

Thanks both for your reply's, yes he did speak English, he is coming back on Monday to sort it out, just wondered how no water was in the central heating pipes with the stopcock being left on, usually when they cut the pipes to switch them around the water would have gushed out but no water was in the pipes, yes we are currently using the fire for warmth. The plumber said I might have an airlock and he is going to have to flush the water round the system.

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
No, the last radiator was quite tricky with the pipes, so by the time that was done it was quite late, so he is coming back as he was aware of the issue before he left.

No, the last radiator was quite tricky with the pipes, so by the time that was done it was quite late, so he is coming back as he was aware of the issue before he left.

So in other words, your plumber didn't finish and is coming back on Monday.

So leave well alone and wait till then.

Andy

Yes I thought I stated that earlier, maybe I didn't, yes I'm not touching the plumbing I'm just interested in learning about a new topic.

Ps don't worry I am leaving it to the professional's

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back