Plumbing ... is this a DIY job or should I get a plumber in?

Your problem will be getting the boss off the pipe if it is welded on. First thing to do is check that the boss will lift away from the 110 pipe.

Sponsored Links
brumylad said:
Your problem will be getting the boss off the pipe if it is welded on. First thing to do is check that the boss will lift away from the 110 pipe.

I'm pretty certain that it won't - I will be having another look over the weekend ... for now I'm putting up with the drip.

Thanks for all the input - I'll pick this up on Saturday and keep you posted as well as asking more questions no doubt :)

Right ... I've wimped out of the full replacement for now and have patched the joint with some horrible sticky stuff called weatherproofing tape made by evo-stick...

I will be replacing the boss when I have a little more time ...

I found out that the boss does move slightly up off the 110mm drain pipe but not enough to get off without having to remove the T-piece above the boss.

I also removed the straps from the boss so I could get the tape around the entire join. Hopefulyl it will hold for a while until I can spend the time to do a decent replacement job.

So far, no leaks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back