Plumbing mess!

rmh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There
My recently aquired house has a baxi combi 105e installed, however the pipework is a disaster, from the combi it goes from 15mm copper to 22mm plastic then 15mm copper and then to microbore and back again, reckon they must of used bits from a skip ! I want to replace the lot and was thinking of using 22mm flow and return to manifolds upstairs and down and then out on 10mm microbore to the rads, would this be ok?
Also is there a maximum recommended distance from the manifold to the rad?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Kevplumb

To be honest with you I cant really afford to go that route and a mate of mine has a couple of coils of hep2o 10mm going free and some fittings floating around, so I thought I would take advantage ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheap skate, Yes I know :oops:

If I ran 22mm f & R all the way along the upstairs and tee'd off in 15mm to the upstairs rads, would it be acceptable to also drop down and back up in 15mm to the downstairs rads one at a time? they are sited directly below each of the upstairs rads

What I meant was, can I just run the flow and return 22mm upstairs only and tee off for both upstairs and downstairs rads from the first floor?
sorry to confuse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back