PLUMBING PROBLEM!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in the property the shower pressure is terrible it just trickles out, so i thought maybe the shower pump needed replacing so i purchased a new shower pump and installed it. the pressure was great for a day or so then went straight back to the way it was before with the water just trickling out. so i checked that every valve was fully open on the system and that there were no kinks on the flexis on the shower pump.everything was fine. i then thought to myself there must be an airlock in the system so i got a garden hose put one end on the outside tap and the other end inside the cold water tank inside the cold feed to the tank and tried to blast some water through to see if would get rid of an airlock this still didnt work.anyone have any ideas of what this could be? the basin and bath tap water pressure is also crap

Sponsored Links
it looked pretty clean in the tank i dont think it was that,good thinking though, would it be worth draining down the system and filling back up again?

you would be better forcing the water with your hose back up from the tap or if your kitchen has a mixer tap put you hand over the end, open hot then cold and hold if for 10 - 20 secs then release and switch off cold.

Sponsored Links
The downstairs pressure is fine, but the upstairs doesnt receive enough pressure to get the pump to kick in. by doing that what you said would that back up all the way to the upstairs to dislodge the airlock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back