Water pressure problems times 2!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two problems that I cannot figure out how to solve....

1. Cold water pressure to the tank in the loft

The mains pressure at the cold tap in the kitchen (I believe this is where the rising main enters the house) is good. By the time it gets to the cold water tank, it's barely more than a trickle. As soon as someone has a long shower or a bath, the cold water tank empties and causes an airlock (that's a whole different problem!). I've checked the in-line valve (no sure what it's called) at the tank and it's fully open...what's happened between the kitchen tap and the cold water tank?

2. Water Pressure from the tank

We had our ensuite refurbed a few years ago. The shower and bath are both pumped (which makes the problem above worse, obviously). The hot and cold water pressure to the basin is very poor compared to the other two bathrooms on the same floor. Same issue for the cold to the toilet cistern.

Again, I’ve checked as many in-line valves I can find, but how do I improve the flow? It is so slow that the new LED tap I’ve just installed doesn’t light up, as the pressure isn’t enough to turn the cog inside the tap!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
The float valve in the toilet could be part blocked.

The taps fitted to the basin might be a high pressure type.

Andy

Sponsored Links
What kind of isolation valves do you have on.....
The hot and cold to basin with the poor flow ?
The cold supply before the loft tanks float valve ?
The cold supply from loft tank to any cold water outlets ( other than the pump and the hot water cylinder) ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back