Plumbing Toolbox Help.

Softus had it but it bears repeating - a wet vac, even like the cheapie fom Wickes. Take the filter out or you'll spray walls with it, but it's invaluable for draining rads, pipes, catching inevitable spills, all sorts.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Softus had it but it bears repeating - a wet vac, even like the cheapie fom Wickes. Take the filter out or you'll spray walls with it, but it's invaluable for draining rads, pipes, catching inevitable spills, all sorts.

true enuff

dont leave home without one

either that or bring a snorkel

:)

I think that you get the picture regarding quality and amount of tools. You'll find that as you go along, you'll get a job and have to source the specific job to do it.
I carry two cordless drills on the van, one's a £250 Makita for most work and the other's a £40 B&Q job for when I can't be bothered to change bits constantly.
However, I had a £300 Makita router that was constantly in the menders and now have an Erbauer (screwfix £85) that has lasted a year (still going strong).
Basically you'll work it out as you go along

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
In my plumbing box:

- assorted compression joints (missing olives/nuts)
- PTFE
- Gaffa tape
- Broken £ shop spanner
- wire wool
- broken £ shop pipe cutter
- bottle opener
- toffee hammer ( :?: )
- sticky plasters
- dead beetle
- half pack extra-strong mints
- Emergency plumbers number.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back