plumbing work causing leaks elsewhere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a bathroom refit and during the work a stop cock started leaking elsewhere in the system. I assumed that this leak was caused by the banging, disturbance and work on the pipes in the bathroom, as there had never been any previous problems with leakages. It has caused cosmetic damage to the flat below but the plumber said it could happen at any time and is not his fault. Is this true?

Sponsored Links
To fairly blame the fitter, you'd have to be talking some serious clanging and banging!

Water being turned on/off, re-pressurising, the odd knock - these things can expose weak connections.

deetee100";p="3033500 said:
I have just had a bathroom refit and during the work a stop cock started leaking elsewhere in the system. I assumed that this leak was caused by the banging, disturbance and work on the pipes in the bathroom, as there had never been any previous problems with leakages. It has caused cosmetic damage to the flat below but the plumber said it could happen at any time and is not his fault. Is this true?[/quotes

Probably is true. If there valve was sound, no amount of banging would cause it to fail

ere ]

Sponsored Links
When I changed my boiler for a combination and mains pressure hot water, about 10mins after I turned it on the washing machine hose burst.

Plumber fault or not. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back