plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
new at this , i am having great trouble with heating in loft conversion got 3 new radiators in (plumber done it) they are all cold we have tried getting air out the system but no joy there is a tap in our hot cupboard down stairs for the hot water if i turn that off the radiators work but i need hot water to, it is a closed system and it is oil and the pipes are 15mm running into the downstairs system ps the pipe into the radiators are getting warm but doesnt warm the radiator please h e l p :(

Sponsored Links
hi,
thanks for your reply yes tried that . it is a presurised system , i read somewhere that an in line booser pump would help? the existing plumber is no help it was him that told me to turn the water of pllus he said he wants to replace all the existing pipe work down stairs

Shut down all the rads except the new ones, and see if the new ones get hot (leave your hot tap on). Let us know whether this works or not.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like a pretty useless plumber!

Did you pay him to instal three rads which dont work?

If he quotes to instal rads and you accept the quotation then you naturally expect that they will work and you should not be paying him if they dont.

Its probably only requiring balancing but any plumber doing this kind of work should have the basic skills required.

How did you come to employ him?

Tony

there is a tap in our hot cupboard down stairs for the hot water if i turn that off the radiators work
Could you describe your system in more detail, and post some photos of the area around that tap?

hi everyone,
thanks for getting back sorry it took me so long had to sort kids out.
the plumber was in the price of the loft conversion, (which i had done in feb) it was the builder that got him.he also put a new hot water tank in for me althoough none of the pipes were changed (i paid extra for the tank) the wee red tank for the closed system is in the attick and that is set at pressure 2. the pump downstairs is also set at 2, it has 1 ,2 and 3 on it dont know whether to turn it up to 3. there is 11 rads downstairs and 3 upstairs some of my rads downstairs 4 infact have rods going through them they are old fashioned but they are working great. i will go now and try and take photo and turn the rads of downstairs will get back to you. many thanks lady in distress :oops:

:D hi i am back again turned of all rads downstairs left hot water on, the 3 rads are working in conversion :LOL: will wait on a reply to see what to do next thanks

Could you describe your system in more detail, and post some photos of the area around that tap?[/quote]

hi
it is a closed pressurised system with 11 rads downstairs of which 4 r old ones which have the rod running through them under the foor downstairs the main pipe is 22mm and the pipe running to the rads r tiny ones apparently they dont do them any more but they work great then the 22mm pipe runs in up in behind the bathroom in the loft conversion which the rads r connected to in conversion and that is where the red pressurised tank is all the pipes run up through the hot cupboard which is downstairs i will take a photo now and send it,it will show the pipes and the tap thankyou

If the loft rads are now working, then, as we expected, its just a need for balancing.

You should pressurise the loft conversion firm to get it done professionally.

If you must try to DIY ( which can be tricky ) then look in the FAQ section on this site.

Tony

R.E. the photo... Did you say 'The Plumber', :rolleyes: installed the Hot Water Cylinder? Where the hell did he get that Gate Valve from, the Titanic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back