plus radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey I'm wondering how good plus radiator are, at heating rooms are they alot warmer then singles and do the hold more water then singles. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean plus as in P+

eg Stelrad Elites
600 x 1000 P1 (single panel with no fins) output 610 watts
600 x 1000 K1(single panel with fins) output 1000 watts
600 x 1000 P+ (double panel 1 set fins) output 1409 watts
600 x 1000 K2 (double panel 2 sets fins) output 1778 watts

Double panel rads contain twice volume of water. The rads themselves are not any "warmer" but the room will be as higher outputs.

P+ Rads are good for when you dont want or have space for a double, i changed my hall radiator for a P+ as the double i had there stuck out too much, and dont really notice the difference in temp that much.

Sponsored Links
sorry yes I meant P+. I have a 2300 single radiator in at moment that I want to swap for a double what size double wil be about the same as a 2300? I thought maybe a 1600 double does that sound about right?

sorry yes I meant P+. I have a 2300 single radiator in at moment that I want to swap for a double what size double wil be about the same as a 2300? I thought maybe a 1600 double does that sound about right?
I assume you have you have a K1 (single panel with fins) at the moment?

A 1600 or 1800 P+ will give off the same heat as a 2300K1.

Your 2300 rad holds about 7.5 litres, the 1800 P+ hold about 12 litres, but don't let that worry you.

ok Thanks so do you think a P+ will cover this? I am right in thinking if I put too big radiators in there may not be enough room for expansion?

ok Thanks so do you think a P+ will cover this?
Yes.

I am right in thinking if I put too big radiators in there may not be enough room for expansion?
Depends on what sort of expansion you are talking about. The boiler should have been sized according to the output of the rads plus a bit extra for safety. Obviously if you exceed this you will need a larger boiler.

Double panel rads contain twice volume of water. The rads themselves are not any "warmer" but the room will be as higher outputs.

What do you mean by that won't P+ rads be warmer then singles?

No they will only be as hot as the water inside them.

Bigger rads = more heat output to room(kw) so the rads won't be any warmer but the room will be.

Think electric fire
1 bar = 1kw output
2 bars = 2kw output

The fire itself isn't any hotter but the room air temperature will be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back