Double Convector or Double Plus radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to change two radiators The current radiators are double pannel single convector. They were fitted many years ago and doesn't give out much heat. Therefore, I want to get something which gives more heat for the same dimension.

I'm more interested in the double panel double convector type but a plumber suggested that double plus type gives more heat. Is this right? Is double plus same as double panel single convector?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As I see it, the double panel plus radiator is the same as a double panel, single convector one.
A double panel, double convector rad will give out more heat than the single convector but naturally it is wider - which may or may not be an issue.
John :)

Rather than struggle with confusing names, just look at the spec and compare the heat outputs.

Different makers can have significantly different heat outputs. This can be due to different size and spacings on the fins.

Few seem to have fins in between the panels as well as fins behind.

Heat output is measured in Watts.

Think carefully of what increase you are going to get by making any changes as it can be expensive for little improvement.

Insulation and draught proofing is MUCH more cost effective!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm planning to change two radiators The current radiators are double pannel single convector. They were fitted many years ago and doesn't give out much heat. Therefore, I want to get something which gives more heat for the same dimension.

I'm more interested in the double panel double convector type but a plumber suggested that double plus type gives more heat. Is this right? Is double plus same as double panel single convector?

Thanks
Have a look at discount heating supplies website at the stelrad radiators as there is a lot of good info and a link to the stelrad datasheets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back